Monday, September 9, 2013

Constitution Quote

"Insure domestic Tranquility"

"Tranquility", because of its irregular capitalization, is obviously an important word in this phrase of the Constitution. When I think of "tranquility", the first words that come to mind are nature, balance, spiritualism, etc. When I think of "domestic", the first words that come to mind are home, self, family, etc. 

The phrase "domestic Tranquility" reminds me of a person’s mind and soul being in a state of peace in their own body. People find peace within themselves through meditation, yoga, and other religious and spiritual practices. This is why I chose to take pictures of a place of meditation, and I figured the best place to start my search would be in Chinatown.

I found a place a little out of the way, on 10th and Pine Street, called "Mind Body & Spirit Work Shop". This is great because it has an image of a person meditating in the window, aligning their seven chakras. Another place of meditation I found was “Fo Shou Temple” in Chinatown, on 1015 Cherry Street, which has beautiful Asian architectural details in the front entryway.

No comments:

Post a Comment